Monday 2 August 2010

Salvete

Friends, Saxons, countrymen, lend me your eyes. 

This is my second attempt at a blog, after becoming bored with my first attempt.  My political views have changed, in that I have become even more right wing and reactionary.  There is a lot more to react against.  I write from an English perspective.  I have no Unionist sympathies, as all the Scots do is piss and moan about the English whilst they suck from the milk of the English taxpayer.  If the Scots are to be personified by one person, it would be Skyresh Bolgolam, in that they so strongly desire to be our mortal enemy for no specific reason. 

I take inspiration from the old masters of conservativism and classical liberalism e.g. Michael Oakeshott, Ludwig Von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, Milton Friedman, Viscount Hogg and Lord Acton.  More modern influences include Simon Heffer, Roger Scruton and my favourite journalist, Peter Hitchens.  It was Hitchens' book 'The Abolition of Britain' that opened my eyes to social conservatism and led to my abandonment of libertarianism as a social philosophy.  Roger Scruton's book 'Conservativism- A political philosophy' is the finest statement of conservative principles I have had the pleasure to read, opening my eyes to a philosophy beyond the dry world of Hayekian economics.  And Simon Heffer is the reason why I read the Daily Telegraph religiously.  He is a fine columnist, and far more intelligent than his liberal critics.

I am here to play my part in fighting against the liberal left establishment that has led to a sclerotic decline in England.  We have mass social breakdown, gratuitious teenage pregnancy, widespread drug use and violence.  This is perpetuated by the Guardian reading establishment, which teaches us to be ashamed of our heritage and history.  We are encouraged to despise ourselves as a nation.  This has to stop.  Time is running out for England.  The peoples of Europe are in decline, its borders under threat from a militant form of Islam that has spread into Britain like a cancer.  We cannot allow 1000 years of independent history to be destroyed from the outside.  No army since 1066 has conquered Britain, and many have tried.  We 'stood alone' in 1940 with no help from America, single-handedly standing up to the fascism which had consumed so much of Europe.  It is time to destroy what Jonah Goldberg rightly calls 'liberal fascism.' 

I sign off with a piece by William Wordsworth, published in 1802. 

England, 1802

ii

MILTON! thou shouldst be living at this hour:

England hath need of thee: she is a fen
Of stagnant waters: altar, sword, and pen,
Fireside, the heroic wealth of hall and bower,
Have forfeited their ancient English dower
Of inward happiness. We are selfish men;
O raise us up, return to us again,
And give us manners, virtue, freedom, power!
Thy soul was like a Star, and dwelt apart;
Thou hadst a voice whose sound was like the sea:
Pure as the naked heavens, majestic, free,
So didst thou travel on life's common way,
In cheerful godliness; and yet thy heart
The lowliest duties on herself did lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment